Obsessed by food? Like great food stories and hearing how and where the tastiest food is found? Like finding and sharing stories online? Do your friends look to you on Facebook and Twitter for the latest trends, ideas, and online memes?
BoroughBox is a specialist food retailer located in London’s culinary capital, Borough SE1. Founded by Borough Market traders with a mission to ‘Bring the foodie market to your door’, BoroughBox trades solely online through our fantastic website and is seeking exponential growth to become the foodie hamper of choice before the key Christmas buying period with an ever evolving marketplace for good measure.
BoroughBox offers an entrepreneurial, fast paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills, aren’t afraid to tackle big projects and JFDI (In case it’s not obvious it’s a play on the Nike slogan, “Just Do It.”).
As an intern at BoroughBox you will work as part of an elite (yes, that means small) team who have exceptional business skills in a wide range of different sectors. You will be working on real projects that directly impact the success of the business and will drive BoroughBox to the next stage. Our ideal candidate is someone obsessed by food, digital marketing and social media. You walk into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. You are creative and thoughtful when interacting online and building relationships and you won’t be afraid to share your ideas and opinions.
What You Will Learn:
- An awful lot about fine food, artisan food and food provenance.
- How to create a short, mid and long term marketing calendar.
- How to create, launch and deliver a social media plan by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other accounts.
- PPC Adwords campaign management and marketing analytics through Google Analytics
- Affiliate Marketing best practice, account management and optimisation.
- How to track social media analytics using HootSuite and other software.
- Website management and content management using WordPress back end.
- Reporting and presentation of marketing results to board level and the founding team.
- Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
- Email marketing – delivery, segmentation, design and messaging.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
What We Require:
- An interest in all things food!
- A theoretical (or practical) background in Marketing, Communications or a related discipline, perhaps a recent graduate?
- Strong communication skills.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Excellent familiarity with social networking sites.
We value our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in most aspects of online marketing and communication whilst having real world practical experience. You will experience how to work in an entrepreneurial, yet professional environment and have ample opportunity to question the founders and other professionals in the areas of digital marketing and the food industry.
The position is based out of the BoroughBox offices in Borough High St and begins as soon as possible and ends September 30th 2014. We are looking for someone to work around 15 hours a week. We will cover your expenses for travel as well as provide you with a tasty Borough Market lunch every day.
Does this sound like you? To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to [email protected]