We all know breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day as it provides the body and brain with fuel, and most breakfast foods contains good sources of important nutrients such as iron, calcium, B vitamins and protein and fibre.
The Shake Up Your Wake Up campaign includes a Breakfast Week that takes place every January, run on behalf of UK cereal growers and processors, and champions the importance of breakfast and demonstrates the wealth of breakfast produce available across the UK.
Did you know…
- The average person sits down to breakfast at 7.31am during the week and 8.28 am at the weekend
- The nation’s favourite breakfast is a cooked breakfast, followed by porridge, breakfast cereal and then toast
- The breakfast foods we are most likely to eat during the week are wholegrain cereal (37%) followed by toast with spread (32%) and then porridge (27%)
- A worrying quarter (25%) of people are skipping breakfast once or more during the week, with more than one in ten (13%) never eating it
- The world’s first breakfast cereal was created in 1863 and needed soaking overnight to be chewable
- The largest bowl of porridge weighs 865 kg and was achieved in Tula, Russia on 10 September 2011
For more information on Breakfast Week, head over to www.shakeupyourwakeup.com
Click on the images below to shop from our curated Breakfast Week products.
- Best Brekkie Bundle for One by Greenwich Pantry
- Riverside Breakfast Box by Riverside Lifestyle
- Box of 6 Jams or Marmalades by Riverside Lifestyle
- Chocolate & Mixed Nut Granola by The Good Granola Company
- Cornish Breakfast Pack by Primrose Herd
- Beetroot, Cashew & Coconut Quinola by Louola’s Superfood Quinola